July 26, 2015

Lets have some fun Vintage Style...

Greetings Budding Audiophiles, Neophytes, and Hopeful Wannabe's,
I hope you will enjoy sharing my flashback to my youthful exuberant love of 70's and 80's Audio equipment and the music it can bring to life.

Now that I am retired with time and resourcefulness on my hands I can pursue my dreams and enjoy the fruits of my labor.  I have acquired a number of pieces of Audio equipment over the years but had to place them in storage in hope that someday I would have the space and time to play with them.  Now I do.   I've added quite a few pieces to my collection recently since retirement.  During my ventures into the world collecting fine Audio equipment, I have discovered many are getting rid of their equipment simply because they inherited it and don't know how to use it.  Others are typically downsizing and moving and don't want to haul heavy and sometimes bulky equipment around.  This spells OPPORTUNITY to Vintage Audio Collectors.

This Blog is to take as many as I can with me down memory lane and hopefully encourage some newbies to take advantage of the enjoyment to be found in seeking fine sound quality.  Ancient Audio gear and newer both require some finesse to reap the rewards offered.  I hope you will be able to use the shortcuts here to reap maximum rewards with a minimum of frustration.

You will find a variety of topics which will answer questions you will run into, and help you achieve awesome sound without damaging your priceless equipment.  Perhaps some of you knew how to set up and achieve maximal enjoyment when you first had your system before storing it or selling it to make room for little ones, or before deployment.  Time has a way of erasing details from our memory so I hope to refresh your memory with this Blog.

I realize many are rebuilding the systems they had when they were better positioned to enjoy their music way back when...
This group will enjoy my other blog "Vintage Audio Reviews" too.

Lets get started and have some fun.

Steve M

No comments:

Post a Comment